Thursday, January 15, 2009

People of today: has selfish become normal? =s

Often, i stop and think : what have i done for the world recently? Most of the time, the answer is nothing. Then i think : my family, my friends, my teachers... Have they done anything for the world? Have the helped the environment, or provided aid for developing countries? Have they or i done anything more than providing for ourselves and for people that are close to us?
Even the government and big companies, i wonder what they're doing...

I dont even know what point im trying to make here, all i know is that if everyone DID something for the world every now and again, surely the world would be in a much better state than it's in now...

love and a hope that i can help the world

xoxo

5 comments:

Teagan said...

Hehehehe. Mum is constantly buying canvas bags. 'Take your canvas bags to the supermarket' and can I just say? 'Bears don't dig on dancing' unless Tim tempts them. He's like the Adam and Eve snake with a nice shiny apple. Very persuasive. And I bought some eco friendly books. And I would have bought an eco friendly bra except for it wasn't the comfiest one. And if I don't get a comfy bra then the world suffers. See? I help. I'm good like that.

The Tolsma said...

Lol. mum can hardly be convinced to buy recycled paper. XD and i feel for you, i really do. Uncomfortable bras suck.

The Tolsma said...

Lol. mum can hardly be convinced to buy recycled paper. XD and i feel for you, i really do. Uncomfortable bras suck.

Scooter Trash said...

My family sponsor a Sudanese orphan called Devine. So I'm doing my bit. And I use canvas bags, and take public transport and have energy-saving lightbulbs and shizz.
Quit yer preachin, boi!!
Naaw, it's ok. Keep on preachin', honeybuns.
Toodles
XD
Nice to see a new post!!

Ashlee. said...

Mum and Dad donate to Mission Australia every month, and we buy stuff from Guide Dogs...
Bags are fun. All bags. Well, not all bags... All CANVAS bags.
Damn it the Tim Minchin song is in my head.
My energy-saving lightbulb just happens to be the crappiest one in the house. I have to suffer for the environment. But I do it.
Thank me world, or I shall slap your face so damn hard...