Monday, May 5, 2008

Oops, hypocrite...

Firstly, sorry i haven't been updating. For those who don't know (though i highly doubt many people actually read this) I am currently travelling around Australia, without much chance at getting online.

Secondly: I seem to find myself prejudiced against a certain type of person, based on the clothes they wear. This by no means applies to everyone, but when i walk down the street theres a specific type of style that seems to directly clash with mine.

For example, i walk down the street in my oversized 'colour the world' t-shirt, in the loose pants i bought in Singapore, and in the crocs which i decorated. I carry either a green enviro bag, or my self-modified shoulder bag. I walk by myself, staring off into the distance and daydreaming, my hair simply puffed up around my head, face clear of makeup, and henna designs up my arms.

Then there is them. They straighten their hair to within an inch of its life and it looks like straw. They wear every sort of makeup imaginable, and you cant even see what they look like without it. Typically, they wear skinny leg jeans, with expensive looking shoes, and a tight t-shirt that shows off their oversized boobs (probably padded). They carry pretty handbags, generally walk as a group, all with a sneer on their face as they check out the people who seem to lack their ultimate sense of style (me, duh), or they flirt with guys who probably took the same amount of time to do their hair.

Not good, but i seem to hate these people, and they consider me beneath their standards. I guess we maintain a healthy balance. That is, until these horrors annoy me too much and i stab them. But i dont see why people seem to want to be like them. I see 10 year olds down the street already dressing like them. It's sad that they will grow up to be evil clones.

Peace, and a reassurance that this doesn't apply to everyone.

xoxo

3 comments:

Ashlee. said...

I despise those that think they're prettier than you.
They're off in their own little worlds, with make-believe happiness and make-believe breasts... Do they think they're that great? I mean, seriously, they think they've got style. I wonder... do they actually ever see themselves in mirrors? They seem to look in them often enough...
While they're off deciding which fancy shoes go with what shade of tiny jeans, I'm trying to decide whether to maime or burn them... or both...

Samantha Speaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha Speaker said...

Nice stuff.